Prev: Re: Confession Time... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Re: Thoughts on FT

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 03:18:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FT

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Brian Bell wrote:

> > Which weapons ignore armor? The same ones that ignore screens except

> > railguns and scatterpacks?
>
> Only needle attacks & EMP attacks ignore armor.

Ahem. Wave guns explicitly ignore armor. What about Nova
cannon? Missiles: If armor DOES work, how? Subpacks and Pulse Torps
were published before armor rules, which makes this bit fuzzy.

> 5+. The reason heavy fighters get a bonus agianst *DAF is that the
*DAF
> uses weapons that have less damage potential (they do =zero= damage
agianst
> ships). The C-bat is heavy enough to damage ships and just bairly
agile
> enough to act in a *DAF roll. The heavier firepower negates the
minimal
> armor of the heavy fighter, but loss of targeting agility still makes
4 a
> miss.

I'll buy that...

> 270 degrees. "any ships that FINISH their movement within 6" of an
active
> missile (and NOT in the missile's REAR arc) may be attacked by that
> missile..." (p.3 MT)

AND a few paragraphs later: "When a ship ENDS its plotted movement
within
6" of an active missile..." Not a word about arcs.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Confession Time... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas