Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Fast speeds

Re: Velocity limits on Starships...

From: "Craig Mitchell" <craig@c...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 20:55:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Velocity limits on Starships...

Peter Caron wrote

>Has anyone considered playing FT with imposed velocity limits on
starships.
>I was considering this for games played on large tables or when using
cm
>instead of inches.  I would like to use the N-Space drive rating of a
>starship to determine that ship's upper limit.

In our group we play with a velocity limit of 50 (and frequently reach
it
even with capitals) and at this level you still can't hit anything with
missiles although fighters can still be deadly. This equated to the
speed
of light on the scale we were playing in a campaign game. Incidently we
tend to play using centimetres on the floor and battles are lengthy

Craig

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Fast speeds