Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: RE: $64,000 Question

Re: Tech Levels in FT/MT

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:58:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Tech Levels in FT/MT

>How many players did you have involved in this campaign?  What kinds
>of initial starting numbers of planets, colonies, outposts did you
>have per player?

We have 4 players.  You start with a Homeworld, 2 colonies and 2
outposts. With a 10,000 pt fleet all of your homeworld's monthly
resources go to it's upkeep (10% of 10,000 pts.) It helps constrain
player fleet building to manageable levels while he considers
upgrading his tech. We also do FTL movement at the Thrust value of
the slowest ship in a task force. (i.e. a Thrust 2 Carrier moves 2
hexes per day.) This makes light Raider units difficult to stop
unless you deploy light, fast units yourself. It keeps the fleet unit
balance pretty mixed.
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Products

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: RE: $64,000 Question