Prev: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: What is FT? (was:Big vs Small ships...)

Re: Capital vs. others Debate

From: "johnjmedway" <jjm@z...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:31:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Capital vs. others Debate

On Apr 2,  9:48, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:
> Subject: Capital vs. others Debate
> Jim Bell Jnbell Christine Hartig writes (edited):
>
> @:) What if we take page from the Starfleet Wars with reguard to
> @:) screens and say they are projected out around the ships.
> @:)
> @:) If this is true then you can get under the screen.
>
>   This is a cool idea but I have no idea how to make it work.  Ok,
> fine, I do have an idea.
>
>   Extensible Screen
>   Mass 5?  Cost 35?
>
>   This device operates like a normal screen except that it can be
> projected much further from the ship.  For each device, the screened
> protection may be extended an additional 3" from the projecting ship.

According to some common opinions of the scale of FT, that's something
like
3000 kilometers of extended radius! You could land your ship on Pluto
and
protect the entire surface! Or, with just a bit more range, and you
could bury
it in the middle of Mars and protect the entire planet.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: What is FT? (was:Big vs Small ships...)