Prev: Re: Maximizing ship designs Next: Re: Bigger--not always better , 50% option.

Re: Odd Tons (was Damn the Torp...)

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 06:51:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Odd Tons (was Damn the Torp...)

>This is one of the still disputed intrepretations of the Full Thrust
rules.
>Some say that odd ton ships round up both systems tonnage and damage
boxes
>(making a cheaper version of the next larger even ton ship). Others say
>round both down (making odd ships more expensive than the next smaller
even
>ton ship). Still others say to round up the system tonnage and round
down
>the damage boxes. This gives more weapons/systems but tends to make the
>standard ships less powerful by comparison. I prefer to round down the
>system tonnage and round up damage. This only provides 1 extra damage
box.
>I feel this gives the standard ships a better cost/preformance ratio.
>
>Jon? Any [official] comments?

I guess one of the most logical ways to do it is simply to ban
odd-numbererd mass ships!! :)
More seriously, of the options you suggested I think the last one sounds
best - round systems space down and damage boxes up; but please don't
take
this as gospel - it might be interesting to allow either way, as long as
one factor (system mass or damage) is rounded down and the other up -
gives
players yet another choice to make....

Jon (GZG)