Prev: Fighters Next: Ship designations

Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 08:43:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

	    8< (snip snip) >8

>The current (extensive) thread about missiles seems to be coming up
with
>some interesting conclusions, which bear out what I've heard people say
>about FT missiles before; those who use a large play area and move at
high
>velocities find missiles next to useless, while those who move slower
in
>smaller areas find them lethal. It is a case of the strength and
usefulness
>of the system being entirely relative to how it is used and what it is
used
>against. I think the discussions are showing that missiles are not too
>unbalanced PER SE, but I do think they need some tweaks for FTIII (not
sure
>what yet).
>
>Jon (GZG).

I think there ok too.Fleet stratagists should change their plans, if
your
opponent uses high thrust lurk your fleet with its missile boats near a
table edge(either he comes at you slower or he looses his fleet to the
'off
table void') Slower fleets who get hammered use missiles back!

My ammendment for missiles and fighters against 'screened ships':-0

If at the end of their movement a missile or fighter grp has moved
passed
a 'screening ship' towards its target ,and said ship is now in the
missile
/fighters effective rear arc then any PDF or ADF from the ship gets an
additional attack.(C bat also if still permitted) against the missile/
fighters before they do (chance for destruction increased!)

What do you all say?
Jon(t.c.)

SDL

Prev: Fighters Next: Ship designations