Prev: Re: Maximizing ship designs Next: Re: Severed Dreams Redux

Re: Sensor Rules

From: James Butler <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:49:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Sensor Rules

At 01:51 AM 3/31/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm also toying with the idea of having to roll for a weapons lock, but
the
>1st problem I have is how to avoid the ECM yo-yo that SFB players swear
by.
> Marshall Grover
>
>"A Jedi's greatest enemy is himself." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

	The ECM yo-yo only works because Star Fleet Battles works on
impulses. So the electronic warfare situation can change moment by
moment.
However, Full Thrust works turn by turn, you only assess the electronic
warfare situation once a turn and hence there can be no ECM yo-yo.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Maximizing ship designs Next: Re: Severed Dreams Redux