Prev: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Re: FW: campaigns

RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 18:25:49 -0500
Subject: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Mikko wrote:

> >Honor codes and such are very nice, I follow a certain set myself,
but i
> >wouldn't dream of imposing them on someone else. Clear cut rules are
> >another matter.
>
> The jury still seems to be out on this one - judging by responses so
far,
> "forcing" players into sensible fleets with rules legislation seems to
get
> the thumbs down (as it does from me), so I guess this is just one
penalty
> we'll have to pay for keeping the system so flexible. The Powergamers
will
> never go away, so we may have to settle for gentle education (pass me
the
> pickaxe handle.....)
> >
> >--
> >maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)
>
> Jon (GZG).

I would like to see this addressed somehow in the rules.  My preference
would be for a set of suggestions on how to handle the "problem".
Several
different methods could be suggested and players could choose (and
modify)
the one that best fits their preferences.  I would agree with what seems
to be the prevailing opinion that one set-in-stone ruling would be heavy
handed and only fit one style of play.

Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Re: FW: campaigns