Prev: Re: Severed Dreams Redux Next: Re: FW: campaigns

FW: campaigns

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:51:56 -0500
Subject: FW: campaigns

No, I don't think that works very well either for the kind of campaign
Jon is describing. The reason to limit replacements and, especially,
rebuilding is not because of complexity (although that is certainly an
issue) but because of time frame. If each campaign turn is a week or
even a month are you going to replace a BB that quickly? Of course in
the future they could very well spit them out in an hour, but, if you
want to keep things along current lines, then the only way to get
replacements is by having them allocated to you. The same with repairs.
A certain level of repairs could be done fairly quickly (look at the
Yorktown in WW2) but many could also take months.

Paul