Prev: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust Next: FW: campaigns

Re: FW: campaigns

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:38:38 -0500
Subject: Re: FW: campaigns

Paul wrote:

>How about "FT Front" where the player is commander of "Alpha Fleet"
stationed
>on the rim of "Omega
> Sector." He/she has a set fleet and a set level of repair/resupply
points.
>Replacements come in on a
> schedule. Wins/losses and a few die roles determine whether the
>repair/resupply/replacement pool
> goes up/down and/or comes sooner/later. There would be no
"exploration" only
>scouting. Auxiliary ships would be like "terrain" and have to be
defended as
>would starbases/repair depots.

This fits much more with my own thinking about FT campaigns than the
"grand
imperial strategic" type does; it also gives possibilities for all sorts
of
fun with random events and interference from higher command levels - you
might get some replacements coming in, but equally NavFltCom might
suddenly
decide that they need to steal one of YOUR cruiser squadrons to
reinforce
someone else's sector...
This sort of setup will, I think, give a lot of fun without some of the
more complex bits often discussed for campaign games; how about everyone
else?

Jon (GZG)

Prev: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust Next: FW: campaigns