Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: "Harpoon in Space"

RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: Roger Gerrish <gerrisr@u...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:47:12 -0500
Subject: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

---------------------- Forwarded by Roger Gerrish/UK/IBM on 27-03-97
02:36 PM
---------------------------

	GFDVM2.GERRISR @ D06AU003
	27-03-97 02:32 PM

To: Roger Gerrish/UK/IBM
cc:

From: Roger Gerrish
*** Forwarding note from I7214490--IBMMAIL  27/03/97 14:20 ***
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:58:52 +0000
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
From: jon@gzero.dungeon.com (Ground Zero Games)

>I couldn't agree more - some very well-expressed sentiments. The
question
>is, how do we persuade all the powergamers/munchkins/anoraks* that this
is
>the way to go? Does anyone feel we should actually legislate on things
like
>this in future rules (maybe on the lines of the previously-suggested
>"maximum % of certain ship types in fleet"), or do we continue as
before
>and leave it up to the players to be "reasonable" about this....:) ?

>Awaiting deluge of replies with interest!!

>Jon (GZG).

I don't think there is any need to legislate, if the rules lawyers want
to play
FT  that way then let them.
If you don't like it then don't play FT with them. (Thay will either
change
or  go away.)
Nothing wrong with guidance as that will help stimulate the creative
ones out
there .

Roger

Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: "Harpoon in Space"