Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: GZG questions

RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: James Butler <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:45:46 -0500
Subject: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

At 12:58 PM 3/27/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>Definately, a 'real life' campaign would be tough to win without
>>tenders, tugs, merchant shipping, and revenue boats...

	I would love to see campaign rules for these sorts of things.

>I couldn't agree more - some very well-expressed sentiments. The
question
>is, how do we persuade all the powergamers/munchkins/anoraks* that this
is
>the way to go? Does anyone feel we should actually legislate on things
like
>this in future rules (maybe on the lines of the previously-suggested
>"maximum % of certain ship types in fleet"), or do we continue as
before
>and leave it up to the players to be "reasonable" about this....:) ?
>
>Awaiting deluge of replies with interest!!
>
>Jon (GZG).

	I don't see anything wrong with writing rules that keep
powergamers
under control. I know there are other people who are saying just don't
play
with them but I for one find it hard to penalize a person for doing
what's
in their best interests, especially in a wargame. I mean the basic
premise
is that people are trying to kill each other with highly expensive
weaponry--you'd be a fool not to do what's in your best interests.
Therefore, I am in favor of making the system as balanced as possible
and
making what is realistic in the player's best interests.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: GZG questions