Prev: Re: Bigger not always better--Take 2 Next: A bats & locks

Re: Wave Gun II

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:14:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Wave Gun II

At 17:23 25/03/97 -0500, you wrote:
>With vector movement on the horizon, the Wave Gun and Spinal Mount Nova
>Cannon will become much less effective (much harder to line up a shot).
>Thus I have been thinking of a second generation wave gun. The
Paraboloic
>Plasma Projector (or P-Shooter ;-) ).
>
>The Wave Gun II fires a plasma wave in a parabolic arc. This is
>accomplished by widening the focus of the Wave Gun. The plasma wave
quickly
>is disapated as the parabolic wave spreads over an ever increasing
area.
>This provides a larger wave surface, but shorter range.
>
>Wave Gun II
>Mass 10
>Cost: 30
>Fires straight ahead (center line of firing ship). The area of effect
is
>the entire foward arc (+/- 45 deg.). Damage is to all ships in the area
of
>effect as follows:
>1-6" 3d6 (acutal damage)
>7-12" 2d5
>13-18" 1d6
>19-24" 1 point (why? This is still enough to clear fighters & missiles)
>Damage is NOT decreased by Screens, Reflex Fields or Kra'Vak Armor.
>Like the original Wave Gun, the Wave Gun II requires charging. The
process
>is the same as for the original Wave Gun (p.4 MT).
>Also like the original Wave Gun, if the Gun is damaged or destroyed
>(threshold roll or needle attack) while carring a charge, the ship
takes
>damage equal to that charge.
>
>Questions, Comments, Suggested changes?

Works for me (but thats not a parabolic curve!)
The other option is to keep the original foward only but to increase the

width ,say to 3' along the entire length. (or reduce damage as distance
along a line normal to the direction of fireing in proportin to
distance,
sorry if this sounds odd but I dont have the rulebook with me so can't
quote numbers.)

Jon (top cat)
-
>Justin Case

SDL

Prev: Re: Bigger not always better--Take 2 Next: A bats & locks