Prev: WWW update. Next: Re: Micro Machines

Re: Star Blazers FT

From: "Come on, let's shoot our way out of this - it'll be fun!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:41:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Star Blazers FT

>> I was thinking of comming up with some stuff by myself, but I don't
know
>> the exact armament and capabilities of these ships.	If some has
>> something for Yamato, I'll only be too happy to put it up.
>
>IIRC, an old issue of The Space Gamer had a Starblazers game.	I'll try
to dig
>it out sometime in the next couple of days and see if there is anything

>interesting in it.

Funny that, I was just digging through my closet this morning and found
my
copy. Oct/Nov '87, #80. It's a stand-alone game. It is fairly basic as
far
as weapons go: lasers, e-torps, and missiles (ie, I don't see anything
in
there called a 'wave-motion gun'). Lasers are type-1, type-2, type-3,
type-2b,
and point defense. E-torps are type-1, type-2, and type-3. Missiles are
Mk I,
Mk II, Mk III, and Mk IV. I don't know StarBlazers near well enough to
pretend
to know how to translate these into FT stats.

They also cover fighters (F-15, F-5, and A-10; *amazing* how they use
designations that are oh so familiar...  ;-), and have a boarding action
chart that may or may not prove useful.

Well, I've pointed you in the general direction. Take it from there. :)

Mk
-
"Ya know...this was supposed to be my weekend off. But nooo-o-o-ooo. You
got me draggin' yo' heavy ass...through the burnin' desert, wich yer
dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down
here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad...AND WHAT THE HELL IS
THAT
SMELL?!? RAAAR!!! I coulda been in a barbecue!! But I ain't mad...is
alright.
It's alllright..."

Prev: WWW update. Next: Re: Micro Machines