Prev: Re: Star Blazers FT Next: Re: MARS magazine

Re: Micro Machines

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:17:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Micro Machines

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> Personally, I've never seen the point in the micromachines. Every time
> I've considered them, the miniatures have had huge ugly mold lines,
> not that accurate detail and generally a paintjob that looks splashed
on.
> Seems like a lot of work carving off the mold lines and repainting
them.

> Am I a perfectionist, or have I just seen a particalarly bad bunch?

Probably a bad batch. I have a collection of 1/3788 Enterprises, from
FASA, Gamescience, Starline 2300, and Galoob.
The Galoob one is, against all expectations, the best of them. Which
surprised the heck out of me. The FASA "Reliant" model is about 3%
smaller than the Galoob one, but the detail is similar. Galoob paint job
of light blue HAS to go, but the lower price and increased durability
makes up for it.
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Re: Star Blazers FT Next: Re: MARS magazine