Prev: Re: Dirtside II Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: Micro Machines

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:13:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Micro Machines

>Personally, I've never seen the point in the micromachines. Every time
>I've considered them, the miniatures have had huge ugly mold lines,
>not that accurate detail and generally a paintjob that looks splashed
on.
>Seems like a lot of work carving off the mold lines and repainting
them.

>Am I a perfectionist, or have I just seen a particalarly bad bunch?

No-one pretend the MM stuff is as good as metal gaming models - they
are,
after all, injection-moulded kids' toys. However, they are relatively
cheap
(at least in the UK and USA), tough (you can sling a whole load in a box
take along to a show) and at least painted after a fashion. I've seen
plenty of demo games using the ST and SW ones around the shows,
sometimes
with FT rules and sometimes with homebrew systems, and no-one seems to
worry about iffy paint jobs, varying ship scales etc - they're all much
too
busy HAVING FUN..... :)

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: Dirtside II Next: Re: Vector movement