Prev: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex Next: Bigger--not always better- but shouldn't be limited

Re: [OFFICIAL] Vector rules

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:32:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Vector rules

>ROTATION OF STATIONARY SHIPS:
>Any ship that does not move at all in a turn (ie: its velocity is zero
at
>both start and end of turn) may be rotated on its axis to point in ANY
>desired direction, provided orders have been written to this effect.
This
>rotation may exceed the normal course change limitations, and on the
NEXT
>turn the ship may begin to accelerate in its new direction if desired.
>Example: a ship with a velocity of 0 at the start of the turn could
have
>its orders written as S6 (or P6, which has exactly the same result in
this
>case) - it will spin through 180 degrees, but remain at velocity 0.

I would suggest making it that if a ship does NOT spend any Reaction
Drive, it should be able to spend all the reaction drive points in
Thruster ROTATION (Not thruster pushes).

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry.
161 Designs now listed!  Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex Next: Bigger--not always better- but shouldn't be limited