Prev: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex Next: Re: Micro Machines

Re: Micro Machines

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 11:28:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Micro Machines

>>Hey, did you guys know that Galoob Toys, the makers of Micro Machines,
=
>>had a Web Page?! They have all kinds of cool stuff I didn't know they
=
>>made. The cheapest source of minis around I think.=20
>
>Yeah, if you can *find* them. The B5 minis weren't on the market very
long
>before they vanished, and I noticed that suddenly all the Star Trek
minis
>have disappeared, too. And I never saw *any* of the Aliens minis out.
>
><sigh>
>
>It's my understanding that you can order individual minis from Galoob,
but
>the cost is...high.
>
>Mk

Well, for the UK list members, check out your local Toys'R'Us - mine
(Ipswich) is currently clearing out the Aliens and Predator Micromachine
sets at half price (£2.49 a set). The only thing in the Predator sets
that
is worth having is the Pred Ship itself, but the aliens packs are better
-
one has a (near enough 1/300) Dropship and an FT scale Sulaco, another
an
FT size Nostromo and a Narcissus that could be used for a fighter/scout
ship in 1/300, Silent Death etc., while the third pack has the Alien
Derelict (great for an FT alien ship) and an APC which is (IMHO) about
10mm
scale - could pass as a small 15mm vehicle?
At the price, these are pretty good value, so get 'em while they're
hot....

Oh, and they also have packs 5 and 6 of the B5 series - the ones with
the
Narn warships in...:) They are charging £4.99 each, which is a load
better
than (say) Comet Miniatures who have been ripping people off over eight
quid for a set by saying they'd not be available anywhere else... :(.
Aside from the Narns, you also get a Marie Celeste (which makes a lovely
generic FT merchant) and a very nice Earthforce One! Less useful items
are
the Centauri passenger liner (looks like a purple slipper...) and an EA
atmospheric shuttle, which although a nice model is not really in any
useful scale (too big for FT, too small for 1/300).

Hope this info is useful - rush down there now!

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex Next: Re: Micro Machines