Prev: Micro Machines Next: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex

Re: Sa'vasku minis

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 06:00:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Sa'vasku minis

>>Regarding Sa'vasku clones
>
>Strange that GZG didn't model the Sa'Vasku ships from the concept
drawing in
>More Thrust. Maybe they were worried about legal action by the makers
of
>Flesh Gordon? :-)

The Sa'vasku ships shown in MT are not drawings - they are models, with
the
photo given various treatments in Photoshop! They are a couple of
"bioships" sculpted by a friend of mine, Jim Langer, who was at the time
going to put them into production (as "Mercury Miniatures", mentioned in
the MT model review section). However, in the end Jim, not being the
most
commercially-motivated person I know... :), changed his mind and has
never
marketed the ships - a real shame, 'cos they're nice. Our "new" Sa'vasku
are sculpted by Dave Garnham, and in a very different style - somewhat
inspired by starfish, apparently!

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Micro Machines Next: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex