Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits

Re: Dirtside II

From: "Come on, let's shoot our way out of this - it'll be fun!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:30:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II

>That's interesting.  I've been trying to do the same.	What programming
>language did you use? <<
>
>I have two versions:  the first is in Visual Basic and is just a
replication
>of the standard rules.  The newest version is in Delphi and, being
>object-oriented, allows the user to add systems, change costs, etc.  I
will
>try to upload a zipped copy for folks to download.

While I personally don't have this problem, I would caution you to:

1) refrain from sending to the list any binary or encoded files. They
tend to be rather large (for one), and the host machine doesn't take too
kindly to overly large msgs going through it (ie, we could lose this
site
for hosting the mailing list),

2) there are some folks out there whose mailers *can't* handle large
messages/files of that size, and will choke and die (do you *really*
want to kill off your fellow list-friends? :), and

3) you guys might also want to think about

   A) signing your notes so you know who each of you are (and us, too ;)
and

   B) exchanging email addresses instead

With regards to 3B I'm only thinking about list members who don't want
to read this (me, personally, I don't mind; I'm glad to know that
there's
someone(s) out there actually working on stuff like this :), and this is
especially if they have to pay for their msgs (<sigh> and yeah, here I
am
throwing stones at glass houses, being guilty of the occassional
abberrant
msg myself; anyone wnat to shoot me, go right 'head).

Anyway, just some thoughts you guys might want to keep in mind.
Especially
the size thing and sending those types of files. You might want to offer
it up instead on an individual basis, have people email you directly for
a copy if you want to distribute it. That way if only 20 or so people
want
to have it, the other 180(+?) people won't get it, too.

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits