Prev: Re: Sa'vasku Clones Next: Re: Sa'vasku Clones

Re: Random events

From: axe@k... (Tracy Hale)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 01:41:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Random events

> >sensor range a couple of blips appear, move about, then disappear??
Throwing
> >the combatants into a disarray?
> >
> >;-)
> those random event cards ie., each time someone rolls doubles or each
time a
> player sneezes or farts, you know, that type of stuff.

I played in a pirate game at an HMGS reunion once. There was a similar
system. One event I remember vividly, parot poops in captains eye, falls
to main deck, may not do anything this turn. Not applicable to Full
Thrust,
but adds a good deal of humor to a game.

I also played an AWI game that had a chart of 200-300 things that ranged
from minor to major. The person rolling doubles( we used 2d10) picked
any
battalion on the field of battle and rolled(the chart was 50/50
good/bad)
for an event. There were horrible results like unit CO angry with
C-in-C,
refuses to follow orders, unit does nothing except fire on any unit
fireing
on it. There were minor things like "all troops had double liquor
ration,
+1 morale".

Charts like these made good convention games and a little
unpredictability.

Just my rant of the day. (OK, one of my rants for today)

"A place where life has no value but death sometimes has a price"

Tracy Hale
axe@knuth.mtsu.edu
axe@gibson.gibson.com

Prev: Re: Sa'vasku Clones Next: Re: Sa'vasku Clones