Prev: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models

Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 07:05:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Mike Miserendino wrote:

[missiles cause 2d6]

> For standard missiles that's right.  In addition, a needle missile
does 1D6
> as well as possibly knocking out a specific system (overspray? ;) ).
In any
> case, I find the rules do a fine job of representing missile damage,
as
> taking a missile hit is no small matter.

I find needle missiles mighty strange. To fire a needle beam, you need
lots of scanner capacity (ie, they require a dedicated firecon). How,
then, can a mere missile carry scanners powerful enough?

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models