Prev: Gravitation fields Next: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits

Re: Real Thrust Discussion

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:13:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Real Thrust Discussion

Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:
>   It also causes some of us (the grumpier ones) to delete your
> messages without even reading them.

I wasn't going to mention that that is, infact, my innate reaction.  :)

>   It should be pointed out that some people have mail programs that
> automatically "wrap" by guaranteeing that words fit into the window -
> unfortunately these programs (our own Sun mail tools are an example)
> don't actually wrap the text by inserting newlines - the result is a
> one-line mail message that is completely unreadable by anyone without
> a similar mail tool.

Funny thing; Netscape does the auto-wrap properly.  If the Sun mailtools
don't, you might look and see if you can replace the default editor with
something like Pico or Emacs which /does/ handle wrapping properly.

Remember, its not just common curtesy, its common curtesy that ensures
that others bother to read what you invested so much time in writing.
:)

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Gravitation fields Next: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits