Prev: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: Vector Based FT III

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 05:15:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Vector Based FT III

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:

> In regards to Daryl Poes recent post:
>   I like the ideas and I'm glad that it was fun.  However, I see some
play
> balance issues that open several cans...
>    Trouble arrives if we apply physics to the mines and missiles...
Which
> we should...
>   If two objects apear to have crossed paths during the movement
sequence,
> then redo the movement in timely increments...

We already have this very problem in Full Thrust, since fighters and
missiles move at a different time than ships do. It's just that FT
ignores it for the sake of player sanity :)

I've tried moving missiles after ships, allowing them to attack any ship

they get close enough to, but allowing any ADAF ranging on them at any
point during their move to shoot. A better variant was to send each
missile (swarm) after a specific ship, and only allowing them to attack
another ship if they _ended_ their move within attack range (I used 6
cm;
I'd probably go for 3" if I played in that scale).

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List Next: Re: Vector movement