Prev: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models Next: Stargrunt II

newtonian inetia

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:12:59 -0500
Subject: newtonian inetia

Hope the following helps someone:--

Assuming everyone has read Jon T,s (Elegant,beauty in simplicity) vector
movement for FT .
The whole point for having thrusters is to rotate the ship,therefore
they
are smaller and have less 'thrust' effect than the main engine.The mass
of
the ship will determine how quickly (in a game turn) they produce an
effect,small escorts can dance the larger capital ships will plod.
since a fighter is of *very* small mass and is basically big
thrusters,some
fuel for a battle, a weapon ,oh and a bit of o2,they can spin on a dime
flip
and fire ie the star fury. If the B5 wars have young races with more
manuverably small ships (big ships with the same manuverability will
cost
the earth as they have to take up mass with living accom. toilets,etc so
will only have smaller thrusters but *large* fuel tanks for an extended
engagement)but poor man. capitals and the older races have an even
man.across the range from small to large which fleet would you want!!

The older races could move as a fleet whilst the younger ones had the
difficulty of keeping the fleet together and not been taken out
piecemeal!

IIRC this is just like the ships behaved in the' battle of the line' B5

I know I want the Vorlon fleet with its learning skin and COOL shapes
Cephalopods rule o.k.

Jon (top cat)
SDL

Prev: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models Next: Stargrunt II