Prev: Re: Vector Based FT III Next: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List

Mines

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:17:37 -0500
Subject: Mines

Robert C. Hendricks wrote:
>While we're on the subject of mines, a couple questions to the FT
>gurus out there:
>  1) When two ships pass within 3" of the mine on the same turn,
>     which one gets shot at?

We let this be the mine owning player's choice.

>  2) Mines seem pretty wimpy.	Shouldn't they do more damage?

Saturation is the key.	We also have mods for active mines that can move
up
to 6" per turn.  This was used at GenCon and PentaCon for our planet
assault
scenario.

>I use mines that do 1d6 damage (not reduced by screens) to all ships
and
fighters that
>move to within 3" of the mine.

We usually do not include fighters as triggering the mine.  Jon T,
what's
your take on this?

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Vector Based FT III Next: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List