Prev: Re: Vector movement Next: Re: Vectored Movement template..

Re: Vector movement

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 07:36:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Vector movement

> > These are the Minbari, Shadows, and Vorlons -- I think that's the
idea.
> > <grin>
>
> Exactly. That's why THEY should be more nimble, not the low tech
> Earth ships. Figure this: An Earth dreddie and Minbari War Cruiser
> both have a small destroyer on their tails.

Surely you could just give them the option of which movement system they
wanted to use, giving them the flexability to peform manouvers that a
less
advanced ship would find impossible.

> Minbari follows FT rules and does a painful 2-pt. turn. The DD easily
> follows and stays in the rear arc.
> The Earth dreddie just spins 180 and blast the little critter.

However it really has no reason to do this....	Most B5 ships have
reasonable fire arcs, and would just blast it with the rear guns  Ask
Clarkstown (cf Severed Dreams).  I would not allow ships to spin
"freely"
as it were, but a typical Capital (say thrust 2) has half this available
in manouvering thrusters.... It ain't gonna turn round too quick.  If it
continues to accelerate it's turn, then it can have spun 180 in 3 turns,
but that's a long time to have a DD on your tail, and will take another
three turns to correct the spin.

-Michael

Prev: Re: Vector movement Next: Re: Vectored Movement template..