Prev: Re: SPACE 1889 (Was: RE: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)) Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:20:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Christopher Weuve wrote:

> The AeroTech rules also suffer from the 60 degree turn increment
problem, in
> addition to coupling facing witrh direction of travel.

Argh! I meant the the "coast-spin-thrust to change course to your
facing"
system. I remembered it was optional in Aerotech too, but after checking

the fact, I was obviously in error...

And, IMHO, you can't elegantly get rid of the 60 degree increments as
long as you stick with hexes.

> I don't think I would go _that_ far, but I haven't played it since it
was
> still in print, so I can't offer a specific defense.

An exaggerated statement, surely, but the fact remains I&EF is
a game rooted in historical background (if you ignore the flying
thingies), not a viable simulation.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: SPACE 1889 (Was: RE: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)) Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)