Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: [OFFICIAL] Vector rules

Vector Based FT III

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:05:35 -0500
Subject: Vector Based FT III

In regards to Daryl Poes recent post:
  I like the ideas and I'm glad that it was fun.  However, I see some
play
balance issues that open several cans...
   Trouble arrives if we apply physics to the mines and missiles...
Which
we should...
  If two objects apear to have crossed paths during the movement
sequence,
then redo the movement in timely increments...	(I.E. Mine with speed 12
and
ship of speed 4:  Move the ship 1 inch and the mine 3 inches and repeat
4
times while checking proximity at each step for mine activation.)
   Therefore fighters need to be able to engage missiles and mines or
get
their mother ship massacred...	JMS saw this coming on B5.  You will
need to
screen your ships with fighters...
   All this means that al objects will have to move simultaneously and
be
pre-plotted.  This slows the game down, but we wanted realism....
   We need to find the balance between realism and playability...
Phil P.

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: [OFFICIAL] Vector rules