Prev: Re: Vector movement Next: Re: Vector movement

Re: DS Fire Control Systems for APSW

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 07:43:52 -0500
Subject: Re: DS Fire Control Systems for APSW

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:

>APSW and other weapons systems require that a fire control system of
some
sort be used.  That is why a vehicle must choose between firing its main
weapon a t a tank or its APSW at infantry.  This can be moved around by
buying more than one fire control system for a vehicle, but this gets
expensive...

Yes... maybe. BUT: APSW fire against infantry is the _ONLY_ case where a
vehicle can fire at more than one target point without having multiple
firecons - ie, if I have two APSW, I can fire at up to two infantry
elements in a single activation. This is not in the rules, but Mike
Elliot has said so.

I'm not sure a machinegun (or equivalent) would need the same sort of
fire control as the main gun of an MBT, though... Those who have served
in tank forces will undoubtedly correct me on this point <g>

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Vector movement Next: Re: Vector movement