Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: ds2: Looking for minis in the uk.

Re: Stamp Out Ignorance

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 02:47:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Stamp Out Ignorance

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Edmund Hon wrote:

> APD (or AVP) - Destroyer Transport. Most commonly found
> in the Pacific War during WW2, although most navies used destroyers
> as troop transport at one time or another. Basically an older
> destroyer converted to a troop carrier. The Japanese used a lot of
> these in the Soloman campaign (the Tokyo Express).

The Tokyo Express shipped supplies mostly. And I'm not entirely sure
they did a lot of conversion work on those either. Americans had much
more destroyers to spare for conversion than the Japanese ever did.

> CLAA - Anti-aircraft Cruiser. Another WW2 invention, a light cruiser
> hull armed with multitude of AAA and dual purpose guns. A good
> example is the Atlanta class, with 12 dual 5"/38 turrets. The FT
> equivalent would be a ship armed with lots of ADAF and C turrets.

ADAF, since you want to protect others... C-battery is the closest thing

to a DP gun in FT, but that doesn't help any unless the fighter
commander
is braindead enough to attack the AA ship instead of just whizzing past
it to juicier targets.

Btw: I'm starting a FT campaign (NOT a PBeM game, sorry). How would you
folks like if I posted brief summaries here?

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: ds2: Looking for minis in the uk.