Prev: Full Thrust Game for List Members, at GenCon Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

Re: Full Thrust Game for List Members, at GenCon

From: Scott Nolan <nolan@p...>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:46:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Game for List Members, at GenCon

>Mike Miserendino and I have been discussing playing a game of Full
Thrust at
>GenCon this summer. This is a personal, ad hoc pick-up game (i.e. it
won't
>be in the programme book). What we'd like to do is open this game up to
all
>members of the mailing list. Essentially, we'll set a mutually
convenient
>date, grab an unused table, and play our own private game of Full
Thrust (of
>course, if a newbie walks by and thinks it's interesting, we'll try to
rope
>him into it if we can).
>1) Tell me if you are interested in playing in our game.

I'm in.

>2) Let me know the liklihood that you will attend GenCon. Such as:
>Definitely (i.e. already signed up for the Early Bird pass), Likely
(i.e.
>don't have a tiket, but live in the area and buy a ticket on the days I
can
>attend), Hopeful (i.e. would like to go, but don't know if my boss will
give
>me the time off yet), Unlikely (i.e. love to go, but someone would have
>buy me a plane ticket...).

Almost Certain.  Assumes I'm still employed.

>3) I need to know if you can bring your own fleet or fleets. I believe
Mike
>has a large number of ships ready. Based on the size of our proposed
game, I
>could field between 4 and 6 fleets using the Star Frontiers ships, but
>haven't painted them yet.... I understand that GenCon is quite a hike
for
>some people and it may not be practical for you to bring your own
ships. I
>think we can accomodate everyone, but we don't want to get into a
situation
>where we have a dozen people ready to play and only two fleets.

Yes.  If I can pay to get all the way to Milwaukee, I can afford the $25
for figures and paint.

>4) Can you bring additional stuff? I have one of GeoHex's star field
sheets,
>and another with the hexes on it. Can anyone else bring a second sheet?
Does
>anyone have asteroids, or other "terrain" that we might be able to use
when
>designing a scenario?

I'll pitch in if you say what you need.  I can always use more FT stuff.

Prev: Full Thrust Game for List Members, at GenCon Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)