Prev: Re: space marine/opera Next: Mailing List Problems?

Re: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative

From: Thomas Heaney <Thomas@k...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:33:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative

In article <199703091244_MC2-1253-E85@compuserve.com>, Brian Bell
<PDGA6560@compuserve.com> writes
>Drawing Fire:
>If a ship if hit (damaged or would have been damaged except for
>screens/armor), it must direct a MINIMUM of 1 fire control to return
fire
>on the ship that hit it. This is even if the ship is out of range or
not
>in a valid firing arc (this simulates loss of concentration due to
being
>hit). ALL DAMAGE IS SIMULTANEOUS, except *DAF fire which occurs first
>(All ships get to fire even if destroyed on a previous round (same
>turn)). Threshold rolls are made after the last round of fire. Firing
>order is just to determine Drawing Fire effects.
>
>Comments/Suggestions wanted. This was done off the top of my head and
has
>not been tested.

Why not use a system similar to a reaction test in Dirtside II to see if
a ship returns fire or not.  The threat level used could reflect how
much damage the ship is taking etc.  This would allow the grading of
ships crew(Unit Quality) and the captain(Unit Leadership), or keep
things simple and treat all ships as Regulars with LV 2.

Any thoughts.
--

Thomas Heaney
Thomas@kontos.demon.co.uk