Prev: Re: Descriptive design system idea Next: Re: Descriptive design system idea

Re: Space Marines?

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:20:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Marines?

>Morning All:
>	 Yesterday, I was combing through the used game section of one
of
>my local game stores when I came across a set of sci-fi miniature rules

>called "Space Marines."  They were written by one A. Mark Ratner and
were
>published Fantasy Games Unlimited, Inc.  These rules are OLD (copyright

>1980!) and they looked pretty campy (at least by today's post-Star Wars

>standards).  However, they were only asking $3.75 for it, so I picked
it
>up anyway.  At least it will make an interesting gamer conversation
>piece.  "Hey Mike, Get a load of this.  This game uses FORCE FIELDS for

>infantry!  HA HA!  A take a gander at these goofy-looking aliens...."
>
>	 Has anyone else heard of this game?
>
>Later,
>Mark A. Siefert

Yes! In fact, the first edition was published even earlier than 1980
(around 76-77, IIRC), by a small-press company called FanTac - the FGU
version is a revised second edition. Stan Johansen Miniatures even make
the
figures for it, at least some of the aliens (Hiss, Klackons etc.) and I
THINK they are still available!
You have a classic piece of SF gaming history in your hands.... :)

Jon T. (GZG)

Prev: Re: Descriptive design system idea Next: Re: Descriptive design system idea