Prev: Re: Points values, uses thereof. Next: Re: Space Marines?

Re: Space Marines?

From: Michael Brown <102156.2721@C...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 00:56:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Marines?

Morning All:
	Yesterday, I was combing through the used game section of one of

my local game stores when I came across a set of sci-fi miniature rules
called "Space Marines."  They were written by one A. Mark Ratner and
were
published Fantasy Games Unlimited, Inc.  These rules are OLD (copyright
1980!) and they looked pretty campy (at least by today's post-Star Wars
standards).  However, they were only asking $3.75 for it, so I picked it

up anyway.  At least it will make an interesting gamer conversation
piece.	"Hey Mike, Get a load of this.	This game uses FORCE FIELDS for
infantry!  HA HA!  A take a gander at these goofy-looking aliens...."

	Has anyone else heard of this game?

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

If this is the Original Printing, chek the back for D and D stats!  This
set is
very much TRACTICS with blasters.  Best played with platoon size
elements for
each player ( at one time I had Company size units set for this game,
Ral Partha
25mm SF!)

Later printings give more info on the aliens, etc.

Mike Brown

Prev: Re: Points values, uses thereof. Next: Re: Space Marines?