Prev: Re: Simultaneous Next: Re: ECM and hello

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:43:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

Mark Kochte wrote:
>The few people I play with here feel simultaneous fire feel
more...'correct'.
>I've always had a personal leaning towards simultaneous fire.

This one factor I really like about FT - non-simultaneous fire.  It adds
something to the tactical side of the game to plan your fire order
carefully.  Also, I like the idea of ships possibly getting wiped out or
damaged as such to affect their fire or defense all in the same turn.
This
gives more randomness to the game like real life.

>I also use simultaneous fire for my PBeM scenarios, and that works out
fine.

Yes, this is probably an easy method to perform combat, but if you
wanted to
add some randomness similar to playing "live", you could still roll for
each
ship individually or take all fire orders at once and process each
according
to each ship's initiative roll with damage inflicted active immediately.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Simultaneous Next: Re: ECM and hello