Prev: RE: ship bases Next: Re: Descriptive design system idea

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: Daryl Poe <poe@h...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:31:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

George,Eugene M wrote:

> Does anyone else out there treat firing as a simultaneous action
(using
> written fire declarations, or heaven forfend, the honor system) or do
> you largely use the rules as I interpret them, each ship firing in
> turn.....

My group just had a long discussion on this very thing.  I guess it
depends on whether you think of the damage as the cumulative effect
of 100 small weapons firings over the period of a turn, or one big
blast per turn with the weapon.  If the latter, a serial method makes
more sense, as it reflects who got the shot off first.	[A serial method
makes a lot more sense in some circumstances -- consider a "Gunfight
at the OK Corral" game:  simultaneous combat would usually result in
everyone dead on both sides  :-) ]

Now the fleet initiative system seems a little contrived, but I'll
bring that up in a separate post.

Daryl

Prev: RE: ship bases Next: Re: Descriptive design system idea