Prev: ship bases Next: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS

Re: Threshold Damage Cards

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 12:31:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Threshold Damage Cards

Rob Pruden wrote:
>Actually, what I had in mind was something like this:
>
>Card examples:
>
>	 No effect (lots of these)
>	 Lose one weapon, your choice.
>	 Lose one weapon, opponent's choice.
>	 Lose two weapons, etc.  (less of these, of course)
>	 Drives damaged, 1/2 thrust
>	 FTL destroyed
>	 Lose one fire control
>	 Lose one screen generator
>	 etc., etc. (including the BOOM! and "internal explosion cards
>mentioned above)
>
>These results could be mixed up and combined if desired or required to
get
>the probablities right.

Keeping the cards simple and generic could work well with any scenario.
However, I'm not sure about using the one where the opponent chooses the
weapon to be hit.  This might not work if you are using sensors or
hidden
damage.  Of course it might be fun to give all weapons a 1 in n chance
of
hitting a specific system like needle weapons.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: ship bases Next: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS