Prev: Re: Fighter speeds - launch direction Next: Liberator Engine Rules Suggestion

Re: Threshold Damage Cards

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:06:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Threshold Damage Cards

Ludo Toen wrote:
>Years ago I participated in a few Star Trek games where damage cards
>were used. For every hit you drew a card. The cards had the ship
systems
>on it and the hull boxes as well. For every system and hull box there
>were two cards in the pack (packs differed for every class) and there
>were a few funny cards included (ship's pet killed, captain's bathroom
>out,...)

I plan to damage cards for my Dark Star scenario for similar reasons.
This
helps speed up the game for threshold rolls and allows the designer to
add
some otherwise meaningless items like "Ship's mascot killed.", etc.
This
can help adding the humor flavor to a game.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Fighter speeds - launch direction Next: Liberator Engine Rules Suggestion