Prev: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats

Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 20:20:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

In message <19970305055852056.AAA47@nas1-42.acd.net>
hosford.donald@email.acd.net (hosford.donald) writes:
> <snip>
> >
> >	   The one other problem I see with these methords of
calculating cost
> >- A ship designed will require a calculator or even better a spreed
sheet!

=====
> >====
> >

> A simple solution that just came to mind:
>
> If the current method of cost deturmination is fine, why not keep it?

This is not a bad idea, except that the cost determination has ugly
break points in it between escorts, cruisers and capital ships.

> FTL:
>   Cost: Use current calculation.
>   Mass: 10% (again probably round remainders up)

FTL, on the other hand, should cost nothing because, tactically, it
is worth nothing.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats