Prev: Re: Building Babylon 5. Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats

Re: [FT] A quick survey question

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:05:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] A quick survey question

========

>	  Responce to the above question -
>
>	  What on earth is the ship to be used for? Is is not really an
escort
> for the really heavy ships, no ADAF's. Nor is it an attacking ship in
it own
> right, at that mass you can fit a wave gun and some smaller beam
weapons.

IMO it is either an attacking ship (5 A batteries in the front arc is
about equal to a wavegun both in size and damage; they are worse against
shields, but much harder to destroy in treshold checks - and they won't
blow up taking the ship with it! Also remember that not everyone allows
waveguns...) or a flagship/general purpose cruiser for operations too
small to warrant the use of capital ships. A reasonable long-range
slogger; strong and long-ranged enough to beat smaller ships, and fast
enough to stay away from too big capitals.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Building Babylon 5. Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats