Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats

Re: The Liberator and fighter speed.

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 06:38:58 -0500
Subject: Re: The Liberator and fighter speed.

>At 09:05 AM 3/3/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>	  I just need opinions on two questions on relatively unrelated
subjects:

>>What would people rate the Liberator from Blake's 7 as?
>>
>It has been a while since I saw the show but here is what I remember...
>
>What we know from the show:
>  the liberator is larger (maybe 2x) than the earth ships (I forget
what
>they are called)  It's shield can take 7 hits (i think), and can fire
it's
>single weapon 3 or 4 times.  Seems to be faster than the earth ships.
>
> The earth ships are small, can fire their single weapon once before
needing
>a recharge, and can take only one hit from the liberator's weapon.
>>
><snip>
>

>>Regards,

>>Kevin Mc Lean.
>>STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.

	For increased faithfulness to the source, the Earth ships should
be
identical cardboard cut-outs, and should always appear in threes, glued
to a
piece of transparent plastic!

	Further realism in recreating B7:  any character who isn't a
regular
cast member must be brutally killed for no apparent reason at the end of
every episode;	the skull prostheses of Earths fiendish Mutoid soldiers
must
be poorly glued to the actors' heads, so that they start to come unstuck
in
moments of stress.  Oh yes, injuries can be diagnosed and treated by
passing
an unmodified thermos flask over the affected area.

	Ah, those happy teenage days of perving over Servalan...

Sadly, but nostalgically,
Rob Paul

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: Hypothetical Liberator Stats