Prev: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

RE: C batteries / PDAF

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:12:00 -0500
Subject: RE: C batteries / PDAF

Dave quoting Scott quoting me:
>> >  Yes.  The part that I thought people wouldn't like may not have
been
>> >  stated explicitly: Even when I add fighters and missiles, I might

just
>> >  leave out PDAFs and let C batteries do either thing (but not both

in
>> >  one turn).
>>
>> Well...*I* wouldn't do it, I think both fighers and missiles are
deadly
>> enough without downgrading your defenses. But that's me. Give it a
shot. If
>> you don't like it, you can always switch back. I'd think twice,
though,
>> before bringing a *DAF-less fleet to a tournament or anything.  :-)
>
>The way I read what Andy is writing, is that he would drop PDAFs from
>the game, and allow C-batteries to act *exactly* as a PDAF. None of
>that "only on a 6" rubbish, but your actual full-blown 4's-5's-2-kills-
>for-a-6 PDAF gubbins.
Yes, that's what I meant, plus that you couldn't use
the C for both in one turn.

>I might even suggest taking it further. Much like your (Scott's)
>"needle firecons" (directing standard batteries like needle beams), one
>could have an "area defence firecon" that could direct one's C-
>batteries against fighter groups exactly like ADAF's.
I like that.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with ADAFs,
and I think that fits in with what I was saying.

andy
andy.skinner@tseng.com

Prev: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion