Prev: Star Trek Counters Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:11:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

At 16:57 26/02/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>1) We intend to do away with the artificial distinctions between
Escorts,
>>>Cruisers and Capitals, and have a single "sliding scale" of ship
designs
>>Presumably this would entail a different ship record form, yes? You
would
>>lose the distinct three 'shapes' you have now., to replace them with
one
>>generic one. That would be MOST interesting to me. I was thinking of
doing
>>a windows program to do fleet / ship design and print out complete
record
>>forms of the fleets ready to play and wasn't looking forward to having
>>work out how to print three different designs. One would speed things
up a
>>lot..
>Couldn't you just use the same outline and change the number of rows
and
>columns of damage boxes?
That is maybe what they will have to do. RIGHT NOW (if you look at the
record sheets in the FT rulebook) there are 3 distinct outlines for the
3
distinct classes of ship. The idea was to have the computer print out
something as close to the record sheet as possible but it was going to
be a
nightmare to try and get the computer to shuffle the outlines round on
the
page to fit them properly. If there is only one outline then you can
just
say 'this many rectangles on the page'.

If you do away with the classification groups *I* think it's a good
thing.
You lose one fairly arbitrary level of complexity from the design
system.

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Star Trek Counters Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion