Prev: B5 Rules... Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

guns in vacuum (was Re: Near Future Rules Draft is up!)

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:41:04 -0500
Subject: guns in vacuum (was Re: Near Future Rules Draft is up!)

Mark Andrew Siefert writes:

@:) Because conventional firearms woundn't operate in a vaccum

  Why not?  As far as I know bullets work fine in a vacuum.  Cartridge
propellants contain their own oxidizers.

  As a side note, in the Buck Rogers Battle for the 25th Century
computer RPGs, in which all the characters carry laser pistols and
such, Buck himself has a "Gun" - apparently his vintage 1990s-era
.45.  He always seemed a lot more deadly than my laser-pistol guys.

-joachim

Prev: B5 Rules... Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion