Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

Re: Near Future Rules Draft is up!

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:20:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Near Future Rules Draft is up!

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Ludo Toen wrote:
> Just one thought, why would autocannon rounds have an explosive
filler?
> A massive
> object that strikes the target will do a lot more damage than a
similar
> one that
> gets broken into small fragments. Not to mention that some of these
> fragments will come back at you.
> (exactly why aircraft don't fire self destroying cannon rounds, they
> would suck the fragments into their own air intakes)

	Your probably right about the warhead.	I'm thinking more of the

delivery system.  Because conventional firearms woundn't operate in a
vaccum, these cannon rounds are designed to be more like mini-rockets
than gun-powdered driven bullets.  The cannon is kind of a launch tube
with a rapid fire action.  Since the fuel and oxygen source for the
autocannon round if very volitile, it can blow up real good if you hit
them
jjjuuuusssssttt right.
	Besides, I want near future space combat to be really dangerous.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion