Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

From: James Butler <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 15:39:07 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

At 01:01 PM 2/23/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Howsabout making different races require different %'s in engines,
etc... to
>distinguish between them. One of the major flaws in the game (well,
maybe not
>major) is that every race has exactly the same ship design potentials;
why not
>take a leaf from the PBeM game "Stars!" and allow different races
completely
>different equipment list? The changes would not have to be significant;
some
>races only require 4% per thrust factor or torpedoes have a +1 to hit,
but it
>would be enough to add a little flavour.
>
>Thomas Payne
>
>"I prefer Au Revior..." -- Mort

	I must admit that I concur wholeheartedly with this idea. We
need
something to distinguish different races' technology/design strategies
from
each other. I understand that most people aren't interested in this. But
certainly some system of spending a fixed number of points to buy
advantages
and disadvantages in design technology could be implemented solely as an
optional rule. It would add a great deal of flavor.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!