Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT

Re: FTIII/classes redefined

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:14:09 -0500
Subject: Re: FTIII/classes redefined

Hal Carmer wrote:

>   If we use the concept of extra boxes and rows, might I suggest that
we

>   Another suggestion might be to do this:
>
> Break each row into a set number of groups, each group destroyed in a
row
> causes a systems check equal to the value of that row.  Thus, a
capital
> ship might look like this:
>
> 6: OOO OOO
> 5: OOO OOO
> 4: OOO OOOO
>
>   Where each "circle" represents a damage box on the control sheet.
The
> examples I am using are off the top of my head, and not to canon
examples.

>   In any case, I don't like the idea that a smaller ship can be badly
> damaged enough to function fully one turn, and then explode the next
turn,
> with a mere 2 or 3 points of damage.

Agree, and I like it. Suggestion : all ships get 4 lines.

2 Box Small ship:

4 O   NOT 6 O	 as at present
3 O	  5 O

4 Box Small ship

6 O
5 O
4 O
3 O

Boxes are added from bottom to top.

100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Re: More FT Ideas..... Next: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT