Prev: Re: FTIII/classes redefined Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....

Re: Artificial Intelligence Discussion

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:03:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Artificial Intelligence Discussion

AEsir@aol.com writes:
> > I recommend reading anything by Vernor Vinge regarding the
implications of
> > super computers in the future and what they and us may become....
>
> I have.
>
> The Singularity makes Full Thrust, etc., rather pointless.

Oh I don't know. Ship designs along the lines of Della Wu's ship
in _Marooned in Realtime_ could be fun... (if anyone can figure
out some rules for them!)

And the 'slow zone' in _Fire Upon the Deep_ makes the problem of
not being to FTL out of a gravity well seem rather trivial...

--
Be seeing you,					     ARM not Intel.
Sam.					       Acorn not Microsoft.

Prev: Re: FTIII/classes redefined Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....