Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....

Re: More FT Ideas.....

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:52:53 -0500
Subject: Re: More FT Ideas.....

Brian Cantwell wrote:
>Wild Weasels:
>  A wild weasel is a fighter which has had its weaponry replaced with a
suite
>of jammers and defensive electronics.	Any squadron may replace one of
its
>standard fighters with a wild weasel.	The squadron then has one less
fighter
>available for attacks (but is considered full strength for morale
checks).
> When fired upon, the wild weasel gives all fighters of the squadron
the
>equivalent of level one screens (-1 damage from scatterpacks).  Heavy
>fighters with a wild weasel have the benefit of level two screens.

I like this idea!

>When the
>squadron takes damage roll to see if the wild weasel is destroyed.

How will you determine if weasel gets it?

An easier method might be to use fighter groups composed entirely of
electronic warfare craft.  Any friendly ship or fighter group within a
six
inch radius gets the benefits as you described above (-1 to hit).  This
way
it would be easier to determine damage and somewhat resembles a modern
carrier strike group, where a flight of EW aircraft are used to provide
cover for several wings of attack aircraft and escorts.  The EW group
provides the same level of protection for friendly craft within their 6"
radius unless the entire group is destroyed.  This works as a redundant
system of ECM to counter the effect of having no offensive capability.

*Electronic Warfare group option
-Mass: N/A - No additional mass is required as offensive systems are
replaced by ECM equipment.  Cannot attack or dogfight.
-Cost: 10 additional points per EW craft in group.
-Endurance:  Unlimited.  If your trying to simulate fuel consumption,
etc.
try using 10 turns of endurance.  I give them a higher endurance over
other
fighters since they do not require the same exhaustive combat maneuvers
or
carry limited weaponry resources.

>Long Range Missiles:
>Long Range Missiles are in every way identical to standard missiles
except
>that they have 6 turns of endurance and do d6 damage.

Reminds me of my HE missiles mentioned a while back, only with greater
range.	Would the missiles cost the same, and how would this affect EMP
and
needle missiles if their effectiveness is reduced?  How about needle
missiles hitting a specifc system, but only does normal damages to it,
not
destroying it?	Also, how about EMP missiles only generating a max of
one
threshold roll if hit?

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Where this all started... Next: Re: More FT Ideas.....